Get the most out of your TKTX numbing experience by following this checklist
TKTX is the leading lidocaine numbing cream on the market, but there are some things one must follow to achieve the maximum results. Don’t waste your money by missing one of these steps!
24 Hours Before Use
24 hours before you will be using TKTX numbing cream, make sure that you avoid ingesting the following:
- Alcoholic Beverages
- Blood Thinners
1-2 Hours Before Your Procedure
It is best to take a hot shower prior to applying the TKTX numbing cream. While in the shower, if any area of your body needs to be shaved for the procedure, then we recommend shaving.
- Once you are out of the shower, towel dry the area but keep as warm as you can.
- The heat under the plastic wrap helps activate the cream and keeps the cream from drying out
- Apply a thick layer of your TKTX deep numbing cream.
- Rub in thoroughly.
- Apply a 2nd layer of cream (1/8″ or 2-3 mm thick) over the area.
- Seal the area thoroughly by wrapping multiple times with Saran Wrap. It is VERY important that NO air gets to the area over the next hour.
- Skin typically remains numb for 3 – 5 hours once cream is removed from numbed skin depending on skin type and location on body.
- Attention: Numbing Time depends on the Thickness and Sealing time.
Lidocaine topicals work by temporarily blocking the pathway of pain signals along nerves. Lidocaine topicals stop the sodium entering the nerve ending at the site of the pain. This prevents an electrical signal building up and passing along the nerve fibers to the brain.
Lidocaine may be absorbed following topical administration to mucus membranes, its rate and extent of absorption depends upon the specific site of application, duration or exposure, concentration and the total dosage. You may experience reddening of the procedure area.
*Not to be used on children under 6 years old.
*Not to be used on pregnant women or those that are breast feeding.
*Do not use if you have an allergy to lidocaine or other local anesthetics
*You should NOT apply TKTX to cuts, grazes, wounds; Areas where there is a skin rash or eczema. In or near the eyes, ears, mouth, (inside) nose or anus.